Members Present: 8
Location: Church of the Good Shephard, Lake Avenue, Maitland
Opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. The 12 Traditions were read.
Phone-Line Coordinator Report: (given by Chairperson)
- Phone line volunteer input – There has been little to none because phoneline volunteers are not coming to the subcommittee meetings.
MARK & KATE TO REACH OUT TO VOLUNTEER’S IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND ASK “WHY THEY AREN’T ATTENDING, AND IF THEY ARE WILLING TO.”
- Had two new Volunteers oriented to carry a phone – 1 bilingual
- Calls for month of November: 84 English 1 Spanish. Drop in call volume by 42 calls or 30% -
- Orange County Coalition for a Drug Free Community held on Novemcber 14 for 24 hours aired our NA PSA's every hour on the hour. NA was the only twelve Step fellowship represented at the Hope-A Thon. November 14 was declared "End Dependence Day" by Mayor Demmings.
- Monthly events by Seminole and Osceola Counties are not currently meeting yet.
- Current Projects include:
- Virtual presentations for Corporate use, Treatment industry, Medical industry, etc... The goal is to provide NA presentations that do not require NA presence whilst getting the word out of who what and where we are.
- Introduction Letters to assist in finding new meeting places
- Meeting Change Protocol being posted to Google Groups weekly to assist Webpage in posting up to date meeting changes
- We now have a liasion to attend each subcommittee meeting (Activities, H&I and Webpage)
- Billboard availability will recommence after January 1
- Attendance at the SEZF PR Task Force
- Future contact with County commissioners to maintain contact for NA as a Community Resource
- Attended the SEZF workshop on YAP platform for the Phoneline on December 5. Will continue to explore this option as it has great potential to improve how addicts find meetings and there will be a significant cost savi ngs to the GOASCNA.
- Creation of a shared Document platform so Public Relations and Phone L:ine resources can be archived and made easily available for subsequent Subcommittee Officers and members
Phone Line Coordinator II Position open - Phone Line Coordinator I position will be open in June - Vice Chair Position will be open in June
Concerns or Needs
- Attendance of Phone Line Volunteers at Subcommittee Meeting per GOASCNA guidelines
- Committee agreed to not post live links to community events but rather just post the address of the link so members can type in the address
- Groups that have decided to not follow CDC and local ordinance protocol
- December 19 - Carrying the message effectively and virtually - Also live streamed - Link will be posted on na.org minutes before the event begins - Webinar ID 989 0974 5931
- December 22 at 8PM EST SEZF PR Task Force - Every Third Tuesday of the month - All are Welcome - Links are posted on SEZF.org
- January 1 at 7:00PM Public Relations/Phoneline Subcommittee Meeti ng. The Zoom link will be posted to our website
- FRSC Virtual Fellowship Development January 16
In Loving Service,
Mark B and Kate C