April 2019 Public Relations/Helpline Subcommittee meeting – Minutes
· Opening prayer
· 12 Traditions
· 12 Concepts
Helpline Coordinator 1 and 2 Report:
· Current roster was handed out, (see attached). Highlighted are shifts that need more volunteers.
· A large chart of this roster will be displayed at the Service Awareness Day in hopes that members will sign up.
· 12-Step men/women contact list was given to Terri and Eric to confirm if they wish to remain on the list, and any changes in phone number or clean time.
· PR Meetings will take place on the LAST Friday of the month. This replaces the date of the 4th Friday of the month.
· Orange County Library has 22 English Basic Texts and 6 Spanish. They also have 2 QR readers.
· Seminole County Library in Casselberry will receive 10 English and 2 Spanish Basic Texts. Terri will deliver these.
· Osceola County will be contacted by Greg as they are privately owned.
· Pete and Jessica attended the Drug Free Coalition meeting and handed out QR readers. PR has also been invited to do a presentation for the Opioid Task Force. They will give us about 10 minutes for this presentation.
Re-Entry Symposium at Seminole County Jail is on May 1st. Cindy and Terri to attend.
Pete and another member will attend the Drug Free Coalition meeting.
Review and Discuss:
· Vice-Chair received 2 contacts and will be contacted. Target audience are Public Access TV, Adventist Hospitals, and possibly Dr. Offices.
· Deadline for combining PR and Helpline guidelines is May 17th for input from PR/Helpline members.
· Cindy and Greg will inventory existing literature and new volunteer packets.
· There is a possibility for PR/Helpline members to attend a subcommittee meeting via Zoom.
· Cindy met with Emily Williams – Direct of Lake Buena Vista Community Service. Emily expressed a desire to have an NA meeting at this facility. Dennisse will also contact Emily to discuss a Spanish speaking meeting there as well. There is a planned event that reaches out to the homeless. Gordon and Sarah will be a part of this event.
· Cindy spoke with Kyle Pritchard who is the ACTT Program Coordinator and they would like to have an inmate-run NA meeting.
Service Awareness Day:
· In addition to a PR/Helpline tables, the Helpline Call Roster will be displayed for other members of the Area to choose a slot and volunteer. Also, a 12-Step Call List will be on the Helpline table to sign up. We will perhaps play the PRINGO game as well as a skit from Helpline.
Respectfully submitted and ILS,
Terri S - PRSecretary